According to American Chiropractic Association, many people that have been in an auto accident experience whiplash, a soft tissue injury to the neck. Those that have been in an accident should seek medical care as soon as possible. Our dedicated team of integrated medicine professionals at Generational Healthcare, serving the West Valley City and Riverton, UT areas, will review your health history and conduct some tests to find out the source of the pain before developing a treatment plan to get you on the road to good health.
Chiropractic Care After an Auto Accident
Seeking the care of a chiropractor or medical practitioner after a car accident is a wise idea. Often, aches and pains do not show up for hours or days following the accident. Mayo Clinic states that some forms of whiplash treatment may include:
- Hot or cold compresses
- Prescription pain killers
- Spinal traction
- Spinal/neck adjustments
- Muscle relaxants
- Injections of lidocaine
- Plenty of rest
Here are some of the benefits that patients can expect following treatment from our medical practitioner. If left untreated, auto accident injuries can cause chronic pain, so it is important to consult a professional as soon as possible. Benefits of treating an auto accident injury with integrated medicine and wellness practices include:
- Reduced inflammation. Adjustments align the spine, producing an anti-inflammatory response to repair micro-tears in muscle and ligaments.
- Reduced scar tissue: Muscles can build up scar tissue which causes stiffness and soreness. Our medical practitioner focuses on reducing scar tissue to promote healing.
- Reduction in pain medication: Painkillers should be used sparingly, due to the hazard of dependency. Integrated medicine and wellness professionals can help injured areas heal naturally and effectively.
- Increase range of motion: Our medical practitioner will work to identify the root cause of your immobility before creating a treatment plan to address it.
We use various methods as an alternative to surgery to treat the pain of whiplash and other issues that may be present after an accident. By following our integrated medicine and wellness plan, we will be able to reduce your pain, restore your range of motion, and enhance your body’s natural ability to repair itself.
Contact Our Medical Practitioner for Integrated Medicine and Wellness Services in Riverton and West Valley City
If you have recently been involved in an auto accident in Riverton or West Valley City and are looking for an alternative to surgery, call Generational Healthcare today or request an appointment online.