Headaches & Migraines
If you have headaches or migraines, performing basic activities, including sleeping, working, or concentrating becomes difficult. Fortunately, you don’t have to rely on medications to treat your frequent head pain. Integrated medicine and wellness from Generational Healthcare can bring an end to your misery. Please schedule an appointment with our doctor for headache treatment. We serve many regions, including Riverton, West Valley City, and other neighboring areas.
Tension headaches are the most common types of headaches. This headache presents itself as a band of tension around your head. There are many causes of headaches, including alcohol use, emotional stress, overexertion, auto accident injuries, eye strain, and many others. Cervicogenic headaches are the other types of headaches whose primary source is the neck, but the pain is felt in more than one area in the head and face. The cause of these headaches isn’t established, but family history, neck stiffness, and stress are common triggers.
Migraines are more than a headache and are accompanied by other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, and the presence of “auras.” There are different types of migraines. Some don’t have a headache while others present symptoms in the abdomen. The causes of migraines aren’t well known. However, certain factors are attributed to the increased frequency and severity of migraines, including:
- Hormonal changes: Estrogen fluctuations during menstruation, menopause, and pregnancy can increase the occurrence of migraines.
- Environment: Certain smells and sounds may trigger the occurrence of a migraine.
- Foods and drinks: Alcohol, especially wine and too much caffeine, can intensify migraines. Besides, foods like cheese and other processed foods can trigger migraines.
- Physical factors: Physical exertion can provoke migraines.
- Stress: Emotional exertion at home or work can trigger migraines.
Ultimately, factors like sex, family, and age make certain people more prone to migraines than others.
Chiropractic Treatment for Headaches and Migraines
You do not have to use medications to reduce the frequency and intensity of your headaches and migraines. Integrated medicine and wellness is effective in treating head pain. Here are some treatment options we use to manage migraines and headaches:
- Trigger point therapy: By applying gentle pressure on pain trigger points in your body, our doctor not only relieves head pain but reduces tension throughout the body.
- Sphenopalatine ganglion nerve block: This treatment uses anesthesia to stop pain transmission through nerves. The treatment is effective in treating headaches, migraines, and numerous other conditions.
Schedule an Appointment with our Medical Practitioner in West Valley City
Are you looking for a treatment to stop your frequent migraines and headaches? Please book an appointment with our medical practitioner at Generational Healthcare, serving Riverton and West Valley City. We use a multi-disciplined approach to eliminate your troubling headaches and migraines. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us today or schedule an appointment online.